1/30/2010

L'Occitane Cream Mask

I received this as a sample when I bought another product and this is exactly why it pays off to give samples. I LOVE it! It has become one of those "I can't live without it" kind of things. Even though I know life would go on it would be hard coping with the memories of what my skin used to be like when I had this. I raved about this so much my sister thoughtfully gave it to me as a Christmas gift- thanks sister! Seriously, I was so happy I could barely contain myself because this was not just a sample, it was a whole 4.4 oz jar that was all mine!

It contains Immortelle essential oil which is it's main draw and rightfully so. I was told about it in the store but I admit iIdidn't know much about it and neither did the sales person. Its known as Helichrysum (for those familiar to world of essential oils) but is commonly called Immortelle or Everlasting - music to my ears! The oil is obtained from the flower of the plant and has many benefits from what I've read including considerable healing properties and it works well to combat infection and inflammation. It also aids in the production of new cells which makes it ideal for mature skin, those battling scarring not to mention a possible aid for active breakouts. So what does this all mean? Well to me it doesn't mean anything until I've tried it for myself. Initially I was so impressed because it hydrated my skin better than any other product I've tried. You can use it as a mask for about 10 minutes or keep it on over night for serious hydration. Whenever a cream mask indicates that you can use the product either way I always leave it on over night- why waste the product ?!? Also if I am extremely dry I use a small amount with my usually daily moisturizer to kick it up a notch.


This cream mask is a winner in every scenario. I woke up with my skin so hydrated, soft and redness and inflamation had noticably subsided. This is my go to product when my skin is dry or when it's losing it's lustre. It makes my makeup routine a dream! I hope L'Occitane keeps this product around forever and I pray they keep the same formula. For those who are worried about making such an investment, L'Occitane is one of those wonderful places that lets you return a product even if the bottle is empty- you gotta love that.


L'Occitane Immortelle Cream Mask
4.4 oz jar $60 P.S. a little goes a long way!

No comments: