2/22/2010

Dry Shampoo

Dry shampoos have been around for a while and I have known about them for years but never used them. To be honest the thought of it made me feel a little dirty and lazy. To me nothing makes you feel gross like dirty hair does (enter frowny face here). My hair is always a burden on me. It's wavy so I am always straightening it, it's thin so I am always washing it, and I color it constantly. All these things add up to dry, damaged, horrible hair! Poor hair.

So I was at the beauty supply picking up some wax and muslin and some how I happen to remember the dry shampoos. I ask the girl if they had any and she pointed me over to it. They had one kind, Batiste, it was a horrible looking bottle but I guess we are spoiled with packaging these days. It was only about $3.50 for a 50ml bottle (very purse friendly) so I thought what the heck! Why not? They had the original scent and a tropical scent so I went for the tropical; a nice coconut smell. I waited until the next day when I had......next day hair. It was a lazy girls dream come true! It's also good for those days when you accidentally wake up late or when your hair needs a break from all the styling and heat. It gives you an extra day to wear at the very least a decent looking ponytail and we all know that even ponytails can look funky with unwashed hair. You spray the product at the roots, let it sit for a few minutes and then brush it through. When you first spray it on it is chalky looking and I was thinking "what the heck!?!" but by the time it soak the oils up and you brush it through your hair looks and feels completely normal. You will know that it is next day hair but I can almost promise you no one else will. I think this is a must have for every gal especially those that style their hair and use a lot of product.

Now onto another product that did not impress me at all.  It was $7 more than Batiste and had a weird smell to it. It's Big Sexy Hair dry shampoo. Horrible. I got sold on it because I like the BSH line of products and I figured if this old school Batiste had it figured out then BSH must have a great product. Also the girl at the beauty supply said it was good, it was translusent and it helps add volume. I knew Batiste had all those features except the translucent factor so I tried it. It left my hair feeling like it had next day hairspray in it. You know the way your hair feels the next morning after you went out and teased your hair with hairspray to give it that "bump-it" look? Gross! It was supposed to help my next day hair not make it feel like last nights hair.

So Batiste is the winner for sure. It works better, it's way cheaper and it fits in my purse. Winner winner winner! Now I just need to go back to the beauty supply and see if they will give me a refund so I can get three bottles of Batiste for the same price. To add to my excitement I just saw that Batiste came out with two new dry shampoos: one for brown hair and one for black hair so you don't have to worry about that chalky look when you spray it on. I'll be running out to get that asap and hopefully it works just as well. It's always worth a try.


1 comment:

Naiyana said...

WOW...really Dry shampoo?!?!?!
Ok I am with you...hair got to be clean...and I m not sure about how clean a dry shampoo can get you...I used some dry shampoo on my dog before (doggy dry wash) and well he did not come out that clean...